My wife found this recipe on tastemade.com. These are fatty, sweet, and delicious. Great brunch food. Makes 4 roses.
- 2 persimmons
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1⁄4 of a wedge of brie
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- Cut the persimmons in half from the top, then cut the tops off of each half. Slice the halves from the bottom to the top, 1⁄8” or less thick.
- Split each slice of prosciutto long-ways.
- Cut the brie into thin chunks.
- Lay out the puff pastry and roll it gently to increase the size. Cut the sheet into four pieces.
- For each piece of puff pastry, lay the prosciutto, then the brie, then the persimmons down a long edge, overlapping about half of the piece.
- Fold up the uncovered part of the pastry to form a sealed bottom crust of the rose.
- Roll up the pastry to create the “rose”, then place in the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, then 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.